UConnect Bluetooth System Helpful Tips
Helpful tips to improve Bluetooth performance with your Uconnect® system
Phone won't reconnect to system after pairing
- Set phone to auto-connect or trusted device in phone Bluetooth settings.
- Perform a factory reset on your phone. Refer to your phone manufacturer or cellular provider for instructions.
- Many phones don't automatically reconnect after being restarted. Your phone can still be connected manually.
Phone won't pair to system
- Perform a hard reset in the phone by removing the battery (if removable - see your phone's owner manual).
- Delete pairing history in phone and Uconnect system; usually found in phone's Bluetooth connection settings.
- Verify you are selecting "Uconnect" in the discovered Bluetooth devices on your phone.
- If your vehicle system generates a pin code the default is 0000.
Phonebook didn't download
- Check "Do not ask again", then accept the "phonebook download" request on your phone.
- Up to 2000 contact names with four numbers per contact will transfer to the system phonebook.
Text messaging won't work
- Check "Do not ask again", then accept the "connect to your messages" request on your phone.
- Verify that your phone has the Bluetooth feature (Message Access Profile).
Can't make a conference call*
- Verizon Sprint and US Cellular do not support conference calling.
Making calls while connected to AUX
- Plugging in your phone to AUX while connected to Bluetooth will disable Hands-Free Calling. Do not make calls while your phone is plugged into the AUX jack.
Bluetooth Streaming Audio from your phone
- Before driving, start the music app on your phone. Your phone may have closed the app to conserve battery. Restart it by opening the music app and pressing play.
*Not available in Canada
© 2015 Chumney & Associates